Friday, June 22, 2007

"Chronicles"

"Chronicles"

Did we have to fall down from a high height and see our blood on our hands… so we can find out that we are not angels… Did we have to expose our nudes in front of everyone so our reality doesn’t stay virgin?

How much did we lie when we said: we are an exception?

To believe your self is worse than lying on others! To be friendly to those who hate us and harsh on those who love us, this is the lowliness of the arrogant and the arrogance of the lowly.

O past, don’t change us… every time we move away from you. O future, don’t ask us: who are you? and what do you want from me? Because we too don’t know who we are. O present! Bare with us a bit more because we are not but unbearable beggars!

The identity is: what we inherit from others not what we inherit others, we don’t invent what we can’t remember. The identity is the corruption of the mirror that we need to break every time we like the reflection. He wears his mask, he get excited and then he kills his mother...because she is the easiest of all preys for him to get hold of… and because a female soldier stopped him and showed him her breasts telling him: “does your mother what I have?”

If it wasn’t for shame and darkness, I would have visited Gaza, even though I wouldn’t know the road to Abu Sufyan’s new house and the name of the new prophet in town. And if Mohammed wasn’t the seal of all prophets, every gang would have had a prophet and every disciple would have had a militia. We liked June in June in its 40th anniversary. If we couldn’t find who would defeat us again, we would defeat ourselves in our own hands so we never forget!

No matter how you look into my eyes, you will never find my sight between them. It was hijacked by a scandal. My heart is not mine…and not for anyone. My heart announced its self-autonomy away from me without turning into a stone. Will the man who shouts God is great on top of the body of his victim/his brother know that he is an infidel because he sees God in his own image? He is smaller than any human being, a perfect creation?

The prisoner, so eager to inherit the prison, hid the victory smile off the camera but he couldn’t succeed in restraining the happiness melting in his eyes. Maybe! Because the rushed script was more powerful than the performer. What we need the amaryllis for if we were Palestinians and since we don’t know the difference between the mosque (Jamee) and the university (Jameaa) just because they have the same linguistic root so why do we need the state…since the state and the days will share the same destiny?

There was a big sign on the door of a nightclub that said: we welcome the Palestinians coming back from the battlefield. The entrance is free of charge! And our alcohol …well it doesn’t get you drunk. “I cannot defend my right to work”, said a shoe polisher working in the streets “because my customers have the right to consider me a shoe thief.” – This is what a university professor told me.

“I am with the stranger against my cousin, I am with my cousin against my brother and I am with my sheikh against myself” This is the first lesson in the new National Education curriculum, in the basements of darkness.

Who will enter heaven first? He who was killed by the enemy’s bullet or he who was killed by his brother’s bullet? Some clergyman would say: By God the worst enemy is the one born to your mother! The fundamentalists don’t bother me because they are true believers, well they have their special way in believing. But what bother me are the secularists and their atheist partisans who don’t believe in anything except in one religion, their images on television! I was asked, “Will a hungry guard defend a house owned by someone who left to spend his summer vacation in the French or Italian Riviera, it doesn’t matter? I said: no, he will not defend!
And I was asked: “will I + I = two?” I said: you and you are less than one! I am not ashamed of my identity, because it is still under establishment but I am ashamed of what was written in Ibn Khaldoun’s Magnum Opus From now on, you are someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home